Head in the Trees

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Garden Overload and Shiny Things

Today I met with a neighbor and fellow gardener. We're working on a gardening presentation for the Minneapolis Victory Neighborhood. Specifically, "Gardening for Food & Raingarden Maintenance," but more on that in another post...which is the point.

http://amyablegardens.blogspot.com/2011/04/minneapolis-victory-neighborhood-spring.html

We both agreed  about the abundance of gardening topics (even in March). Too many shiny things.

A shiny crown & a mule.

It can be difficult to focus and complete anything, so the blog, project, book - you name it, just sits.

In my mind, today's post topics went from refreshing tired containers, to putting my name on my tools, to favorite tools, to tools useful for chasing burglars, to garden boots.

This is because I was going to refresh a container, but couldn't find my pruners, and while searching noticed my favorite tool - that I once brandished while chasing two guys who had broken into a neighbor's house. I couldn't keep chase because I was wearing clunky garden boots, etc.

Mmm, shiny. Don't make me hurt you.

My point; gardening is full of shiny things. Do one task at a time. You'll get more done.

No comments:

Post a Comment